My impact as a business owner
As you might have guessed from my business name, the impact I make on people and the planet is very important to me. I may only be a one-woman band, but I believe that no business is too small to make a difference!
When I’m helping clients communicate their values and purpose, I always talk about how important it is to be transparent with customers – so here I am, practising what I preach.
Below you can find out what I do to help people and planet – and what more I’m planning to do in the future.
What I do currently
- My energy at home (which is also my office!) is provided by Octopus Energy’s Super Green plan.
- My website is powered by wind energy through Make Hay Green Hosting.
- My business bank account is with Starling, who have stated that they don’t invest in fossil fuels.
- I have a fossil-free pension plan.
- I’ve taken the Ethical Move pledge to commit to marketing my services fairly.
- I eat a plant-based diet.
What I plan to do
- Switch my personal bank account to Triodos. At the moment I’m still with Santander, who don’t have a great investment track record.
- Offset my carbon emissions. I’m taking the time to research and choose a reputable tree-planting scheme that respects existing wildlife. Watch this space!